Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Week

Well I wouldn't say I had an awesome week for weight loss, but I feel really good health wise. I lost THREE pounds this week. I am very excited about the weight loss, but with all the exercise I was doing, I expected a little more. I think I have realized why I didn't "lose" weight, and I think it is because I did some weight lifting three times this week. So I believe it may have something to do with it.

I just want to add something about my thoughts of our past month of diet and exercise. I haven't felt so good in a very long time. In fact I think the last time I felt so good and healthy was when I returned home from my mission 10 1/2 years ago. Over the last month I have lost a total of 23 pounds, but that is just a number. The benefits I have received have been great. I used to get frequent headaches and found myself always looking for the aspirin. Since the beginning of this family fat fight, I haven't had a headache once, which is awesome. From day one when I started exercising, I noticed how hard my heart would pound and how hard it was to get my heart rate back to normal after getting it up... Well yesterday after my work out, my body recovered in one minute back to a good heart rate after my 30 minutes of exercise. Also I have noticed a change in my breathing. It used to be more frequent and I noticed just the other day how much less frequent it has become.

I am so excited about the results, besides just the weight loss. I feel great in body and spirit. Don't get me wrong, my body and mind are sometimes weak, but with just a little control I have been able to conquer the cravings that have been trying to swallow me up.

Keep up the good work everyone. There are more rewards than just weight loss that comes with doing your very best.

3 comments:

  1. And his work pants & vest are loose! He is fitting into pants that he hasn't been able to for 8 years, and they are even getting loose. Three lbs is great babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! yeah headaches were a constant for me to back in my heavier days, and more. It's amazing what losing weight can do. Congrats Arik!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suuuwwweeeett!!!! Yah, it's good to feel like you have control of what you eat. I mean I did before too, but I'm a lot more aware of it now and don't just grab things to eat, I actually think about it. It's great. Way to go! I'm glad you're feeling so good. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete