Sunday, February 20, 2011

Need Help!

So, I have had a hard week with this pregnancy, just keep contracting if I stand too much & it hurts my back, and I'm tired. I need easy recipes, I've lost the desire to cook, especially anything healthy 'cause it requires too much thinking. I've just wanted to have mac n cheese with hotdogs & chili in it, or make creamy enchiladas, you know, all the WRONG things to eat. Any ideas, I miss casseroles & the frugality of it all, I don't like eating a lot of meat, so to sit & eat a whole peice of chicken everyday is not fun for me, I like a little bit, mixed in with something yummo. Let me know if you have any ideas. LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a lot of healthy recipes to give you but I do have easy ones. I make a dish in my electric skillet. I saute celery, onions, mushrooms, zucchini if I have it, then I throw in cooked noodles (wacky ones that the kids like)then I mix in spaghetti sauce and olives and top with mozzerrella cheese. Put the lid on so the cheese can melt and then you've got "Wacky Noodle Surprise." That's a favorite for us. Mom used to make something like it. Crockpot meals are good too. We LOVE Chicken Perisian. Sorry you've had a hard week. Love you Juli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy Robyn. I'll send you some if I can think of anything. Yah, just crockpot stuff would be the best for you. Do taco soup or that chicken enchilada soup or a roast with veggies. Tacos, with ground Turkey and mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar. Hmmmmm...I still make enchiladas, but use mozzarella cheese and do Erin's recipe so it's not a bunch of fatty sour cream and creamy soups. You can still do some casseroles, just make sure to substitute healthier choices into them. Sorry you're contracting. What does your doctor say? Take it easy, really. We need that guy in there a little longer! Love you Juli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas, I found some more crockpot ideas for this week too. I see the Dr. on Tues. 10 1/2 weeks to go, so yeah, he better stay in there as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete