Sunday, February 6, 2011

Absence makes the food taste better

I lost 3 pounds this week. A little surprising considering how the week went. I usually work out with one of my coworkers before lunch, but he was sick this week. I opted to do the work outs at home, ended up skipping two days, and riding an exercise bike is a lot less exertion than an elliptical. I don't feel like I ate especially well, and on Friday I had a diet Mt. Dew. Not just a can, but the 52 oz. mug I've been filling with water every work day this year, was full of that sweet, yellow, questionably poisonous liquid. I couldn't believe how good it tasted. Go without pop for a month then have it again, and its amazing. I also had an Apollo burger and fries earlier in the week. Looking forward to this evening and some more indulgence.

6 comments:

  1. How in the heck do you lose 3 pounds with cheating?!!! I don't get it. Way to go Steve, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?? Yah, how DO YOU lose 3 lbs when you can eat at Apollo Burger? I'm sure Arik would LOVE to know that secret, Apollo Burgers are yummo, but not the yucky yellow drink though, blah. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diet sodas have no calories! So drink as much as you want! Check this article out.

    http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-human-condition/2009/05/22/by-the-numbers-the-truth-behind-those-scary-diet-soda-myths.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people I know that drink diet soda as much they want are obese.
    With something that has zero nutrition, it can't really be good for you can it?
    http://waterforlifeusa.com/blog/uncategorized/8-ways-soda-fizzles-your-health/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, looks like Ryan and Burke have a battle of the blogs goin' on here. I do know people who drink diet soda ALL the time who aren't obese but I also don't think you should drink them all the time. When I drink soda I feel bloated and sick. That just can't be good for you. (especially Mt. Dew. yucko)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ryan. Carbonation is NOT good for you. I gave blood plasma before, and the nurses said that they could tell who eats healthy just by looking at their plasma. The people who were on lots of medicine's plasma was green, and the people who drank soda's was cloudy & hard to get a good flow, they said they get more blood clots. Anyway, just so ya know, and yes, I hate soda because it makes me bloated....it hurts. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete