Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cookies for Jenni

HA, here's a great cookie recipe with NO sugar or butter! I tweaked it, and it worked, the kids didn't go for them as much, but I thought they were great, like a breakfast type cookie. I halved the recipe because nobody needs a bazillion cookies. So, here's what I came up with:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1/2 c applesauce
1/3 c honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c oatmeal
1/2 c raisins

Heat oven at 350. Mix applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Finally mix in oats and raisins. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet & bake 10 min ('til golden brown). Super yummy. Or you can make bar cookies in an 8x8 pan, baking 30 min. I think I figured it to be about 80 cal per cookie. Anyway, hope this satisfies some cravings. Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute! Thanks Juli. I even bought some raisins yesterday! I'm going to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you might need to add a bit more flour; 1/8-1/4 c more. LOVE YOU, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them today, but I used white flour. Cookies and wheat flour just sounds wrong to me and they are still healthy, so come on! They reminded me of that baked oatmeal recipe that I put on here, plus the raisins. Yummy. But they aren't cookie dough eating worthy. Oh well, they were a yummy treat. Thanks Juli! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the cookie dough isn't like choc chip cookie dough by any means, but it still makes a yummy cookie. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete