Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gained 2

I'll be honest. I'm getting tired of posting my gains and/or losses each week but "I respect the game" too much not to post. (The quote is from the craziest Survivor player who just got kicked off last week! Russell) I had some great workouts Friday and Saturday at the Marriott Courtyard in Grand Junction. (Sounds fancy huh? They had the best orange water ever. It's like lemon water but with oranges.) Running on the treadmill and lifting weights. It was a nice change from Insanity which I have despised since I got sick and quit for a week a month ago. My biggest problem has been eating unhealthy foods in excess. Just what we talked about in church today. Hmmm. It's human nature though, right? To eat too much of things that we think taste so good? I'll bet if I was a pioneer I wouldn't go through all the trouble to grow my own sugar cane and turn it into sugar, cacao tree beans and extract cocoa, milk my cow and churn it into butter, grow my wheat then peal off all the outside stuff so I could grind white flour, then heat my outdoor brick oven to 350 to bake my chocolate chip cookies that probably wouldn't turn out that great with my pioneer methods and ways. I tell you, we have been spoiled in this age of technology. Life is so easy and so it is so easy to eat whatever we want, whenever we want it.

1 comment:

  1. I like your pioneer example, that's great. But knowing you, you'd figure out how to make something good anyway. Oh, and that orange water was great.

    ReplyDelete