Sunday, March 27, 2011

BRONZE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I read an article once, entitled "I Am Third", and I like the sound of that more and more; what with Burke giving up and others drifting into forbidden paths, or reporting fuzzy numbers (like me). It appears Gail is now my only competition - as of today, she is about four-tenths of a percentage ahead of me in weight lost, so I have my work cut out for me this week. I'm just glad that it is the responsibility of the "host city" to provide the medals.... That Green River has lots of gold and silver in that waterway. Anyways, I'm sure there may be a sleeper out there, but at this point it appears I still have a chance at b-r-o-n-z-e!!! Jenni and Arik (not necessarily in that order) appear to be clear contenders for the gold and silver; but I can picture myself now, standing on the podium accepting the bronz metal! Hey, it's up for grabs for the rest of us scavengers, so why not dream - I'm throwing down the gauntlet for the only metal now in our reach. A fight to the finish - FOR BONZE! I'm not yet conceding gold or silver yet - hey with a few M&M's or peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, we could tip the scales in our favor, if you know what I mean - send 'em now! We're at FINALS WEEK! We look forward to seeing what's left of yawl on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Just keep working... you will get to the goals you have set, there isn't a time frame given that you have to get to in order to be the winner of a gold medal. Just keep pushing on and by mid-summer or late summer you will be at your goal and not worry about losing, only maintaining. We all win if we have learned to do some good and try to be better. Win that Bronze this week... I am sure it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good BO & GO - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete